Conditions of Entry
- Fotoponenteligure, with the patronage of FIAP ( Fédération Internationale de l’Art Photographique), recognition of PSA (Photographic Society of America), License GPU (Global Photographic Union), patronages IUP (International Union Photographers), patronages FIAF (Federazione Italiana Associazioni Fotografiche) and UIF (Unione Italiana Fotoamatori) is organizing the International Circuit of Digital Photography: “ 7th Western Liguria Circuit –19° Circuito del ponente Ligure”, whith includes the following events: 39° Prize Mallare, 39° Prize Torria, 23° Trophy Ranzi di Pietra Ligure.
- The contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers worldwide. Entrants must own the copyright to all submitted photographs. The images must have been photographed in every part (even the smallest) by the entrant himself/herself.
The contest has trhee themes for digital images, referred to as:
A) Free Monochrome – Open mono ( PID mono – PIM )
B) Free Color – Open color ( PID color – PIC )
C) Fotojournalism – color / monocrhome(PJD Division)
- Entries are limited to not more than 4 images per section, category, or class. The digital images must send as jpg-files with 8bit/sRGB with 1920 (wigth) x 1080 (height) pixels maximum, max. image file 2 MB. No requirements for file names but in the Title of images words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable. Each image must have a unique title. An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively.
- An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Each jury will have a screen of 42 inches or more for their selection.
- All entries must be submitted through the specific form available on the www.fotoponenteligure.it website.
- The acceptances from this exhibition are eligible: PSA Star Rating and Who’s Who in PID Color, PID Monochrome, PTD Travel distinction, FIAP distinctions , The images already submitted for all the previous editions of the contest will not be accepted.
- The subscription fee for the Eurozone and World amounts to € 35,00 (1 sect) and (€ 39,00 for 2 or all) per entrant, is valid for all 3 contests. The amount can be forwarded through PayPal to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry not accompanied by the subscription fee shall not be admitted
|Entry fee : 35,00 €|
|2 or 3 section|
|Entry fee : 39,00 €|
| The subscription fees for groups are as follows Photo club with a minimum of 9 participants for multiple submissions: 4,00 € discount on individual participation fee. The concerned clubs are kindly requested to contact the organization (mail: email@example.com) to request the methods, indicating the name and surname of the authors concerned and obtain a discount code to be included in a special field of participation card. |
- Prizes cannot be cumulative in the same category of each contest but can be cumulative in different categories also for the same contest. The organizers shall send the unclaimed prizes at their own expenses but at the recipient risk.
- The participant who has achieved the highest number of acceptances across all the sections of each salon added together, will be proclaimed “best author” and will receive the special light blue pin (SLBP).
- Every participant will get a free copy of the PDF Exhibition catalog will be publishing on website and link will be sent to all participants. You can buy a printed copy of the catalog by ordering it at the time of subscription. Statistics, minutes of the juries and both winning and admitted photographs will be published on the www.fotoponenteligure.it website and left there until the next edition.
- The entrant shall be held responsible in handling any image rights or liberties of the subject matter of the photograph and shall irrevocably consent to the Promoters publishing the photographs, which shall not be used for commercial gain.
- With the participation the entrants explicitly accept the “Document FIAP 017/2017 “Conditions and Regulations for FIAP Patronage” and 018/2017 “Sanctions for breaching FIAP regulations and the red list”. https://www.myfiap.net/documents/FIAP%20DOC%20018%202017%20E.pdf
- If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable
discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after
the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or
more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the
stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the
entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in
connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these
circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition
organizers or the judges is final.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
a) the images are the original work of the entrant
b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry. These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to FIAP and PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations.
FIAP and PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations . Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
|Phtojournalism : Phtojournalism entries shall consist of images with informative content and emotional impact, reflecting the human presence in our world. The journalistic (story-telling) value of the image shall receive priority over pictorial quality. In the interest of credibility, images that misrepresent the truth, such as those from events or activities specifically arranged for photography or of subjects directed or hired for photography, are not eligible. Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable modifications are removal of dust, scratches or digital noise, restoration of the existing appearance of the original scene, sharpening that is not obvious, and conversion to greyscale monochrome. Derivations, including infrared, are not eligible.|
- The jury decides exclusively on the admittance of photographs and prize – awarding.
|PSA Monochrome Definition A monochrome image is defined as having varying shades of no more than one color (various shades of that color from very light to very dark) but it may be any single color. Multi-toned images (various shades of two or more colors) and greyscale images with added an accent color are not acceptable in Monochrome Class sections and must be entered in Color Class sections|
|PSA Remark, by a set deadline. The questioned image(s) of any entrant failing to comply with such a request for the original image(s) may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations. PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions.|
|.FIAP Monochrome Definition Definition of the black and white photography (monochrome). A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a work requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage.|
|FIAP Remarks: All parts of the image have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted. With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP: that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.|
|Drone Policy The Board approved a new policy on the use of drones and it is available here https://psaphoto.org/index.php?psa-policies&a=view&faq_id=1632. The policy has a legal section which basically requires members to follow whatever laws exist in the country in which they are using a drone. There is also an ethical component to the policy and it states: One of the tenets of photography, is that the safety and well-being of the subject, photographer and surroundings is of paramount importance over the capturing of the photograph. The purpose of this section is to prevent any interference with other individuals or animals which will or may cause a disturbance in their normal activity or disrupt the way an individual or animal interacts with its environment. May not fly a drone above people for the purpose of photographing their activity, unless permission is granted in writing May not fly or photograph animals in their natural habitat, especially nesting areas and locations where the animal is already under stress (winter survival, migratory, feeding, protecting young). Photographing scenery/landscapes is permissible. May not fly or photograph in any designated wilderness area|
|Premio Torria||Becker Reinhard Efiap/g Germany||Giorgio Paparella Afiap Presidente Club Saonensis Savona (SV)||Aldi Lino Afi – Ifi – Bfi Direttore Dip. Interni FIAF – Settimo Milanese (MI)|
|Premio Mallare||Heil Karin Germany||Grassi Antonio Afi – Bfi Sesto S Giovanni (MI)||Gandolfo Pietro Efiap – BFA* Presidente Nazionale UIF Circolo fotografico Torria (IM)|
|Trofeo Ranzi||Heil Norbert Efiap/b – APSA – MPSA Exhibition Standards Director PSA – Germany||Emanuele Zuffo Efiap/s – PPSA – Afi Riviera delle palme Ranzi (SV)||Marco Zurla Efiap/b – Afi Presidente Club Digit Art in Foto Milini di Triora (IM)|
|Start Upload||28 June 2020|
|Closing date||12 October 2020|
|Judging||From 23 to 25/10/2020|
|Notification Result (web)||05/11/20|
|Exibition – Pietra Ligure||On 12 dicember 2020|
|Web Catalogue||01 dicember 2020|
|Cerimonia di premiazione – Pietra Ligure SV Centro Polivalente||Morning at h 11 on 12/12/2020|
|Send printed catalog||From 05/01/2021|
For information contact the organization: firstname.lastname@example.org
To get the discount code provided for numerous clubs: email@example.com